Pardon me, dear friends, as I quickly sing through this song.
I still have a little bit of time to study before my final
and I need every last minute available.
So without any further delay, here we go:
Now I might not be a genius, but I can tell you this:
If you eat 6 of these cookies upon immediately coming out of the oven,
you can guarantee you will have a tummy ache for
the remainder of the day.
And this time, I’m not just saying that I ate 6 of these
just to be funny.
I ate 6 of these.
That outta tell you a little something about
how incredibly good a cookie stuffed with persimmons tastes.
Though they might not look the most appealing,
in fact, go check out Brooke’s original version for a better idea
of what they *should* look like,
these are surprisingly on the top of my favorites list.
Did I mention I ate SIX???
***EEK! I JUST NOTICED AN ERROR!!! IT’S 1/2 C. BROWN SUGAR *NOT* 1 CUP!!!****
- Cream Earth Balance and sugars together with electril mixer until creamy.
- Add tofu. Mix. Add persimmon pulp and vanilla. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients together (except for the nuts and dried fruit) in separate bowl.
- Add to wet mixture. Fold in nuts and dried fruit.
- Drop onto parchment-lined cookie sheet by small spoonfuls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Once “The 12 Days of Christmas Cookies” ends on Friday,
I am going to miss having a new batch of cookies in the oven every day.
I just might have to do the “365 Days of Christmas Cookies”…