Gluten-free Thanksgiving Stuffing
I am trying my best to come up with something interesting to say but the truth of the matter is…
I AM SICK! I have a birthday to be healthy for and then I have a special trip this weekend with a certain someone that I count and thank my lucky stars every day for. I must get better–I MUST! (A big thank you to all of you on Facebook who have given me some great tips on feeling better–you guys are awesome!)
So while I am coughing my brains out, please enjoy the pictures of this lovely gluten-free and vegan Thanksgiving stuffing. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a date with a late morning nap.
Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing
Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
- 6-8 pieces gluten-free bread (use more if your loaf has small slices like GF bread often does), broken into bite-sized cubes
- 5 celery pieces, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tb margarine
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- In a rectangular bake pan, place bread, herbs, and salt together.
- Sautee onions and garlic with margarine for 1-2 minutes. Add celery and cook until translucent.
- Pour onion mixture into the pan with the herbed bread and mix well. Stir in half the chicken broth and cover with tin foil.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes.
- Take foil off the top, stir and bake another 15 minutes. **If using the dried cranberries, add before stirring.
- If the stuffing is too dry for your liking, add more veggie broth for the 1/4 c full.
14 Comments Post a comment
What brand of gluten free bread do you use my dear? I’ve tried my hand at baking my own and it turned out like a brick. All the brands I saw at the store had egg. 😦
There is a gluten and dairy free bakery around where I live that happens to have some egg free options as well. That is where I get mine. Not helpful for you, I know… sorry friend 😦
Ener-G makes a few gluten free, dairy free, egg free options: a tapioca loaf, or white and brown rice loaves. I find them at Whole Foods. Hope that helps!
This GREATLY helps, Kristyn! Thank you for the heads up. I had no idea that Ener-G had egg-free options…
Oh no! Feel better soon- I’m sending you healing vibes!!
This looks delicious by the way- so simple but I bet the flavours are amazing!
Feel better soon sweetie! *curative hugs* 🙂
And thanks for this awesome recipe! I’m going to pass it on to my friend who is gluten intolerant. She’ll be so happy to have stuffing again!
Ooh, I love stuffing! Quick question though, looks like fresh cranberries in your pictures and the recipes says dried?
Feel better quick, I swear by Coldeeze and hot tea.
I hope you get well soon! We are also fighting sickness at my house.
A beautiful post, a wonderful stuffing! Happy happy healthy birthday!
This looks lovely! Feel better soon, Cara!
This looks beautiful! I am not surprised… you made it! Get well soon xxx
mmm…stuffing. Feel better sweets ❤