Spreading the gospel of pancakes.
One of THE highlights in my childhood was eating pancakes.
Not just any kind of pancake, mind you,
but my name spelled out with pancake batter.
Nothing tickled me more (unless you were touching my feet, really) than seeing
as my breakfast!
(Thanks again, Perry!)
Because pancakes delight me so, what better way to celebrate
with pancakes dedicated to Halloween?!
And who doesn’t love a tasty, flattened, pan-cooked bread???
I will partake in no conversation with anyone who doesn’t like pancakes.
That is illegal.
I mean, CAKE is in the word people!!!
**So everyone pull out your pans.
Whip up some pancake batter (recipe at the bottom).
Get out that food coloring.
Prepare your squeeze bottles.
Because we are about to get some serious pancake crazy here!**
To create pancake pumpkins:
That pancake pumpkin looks too happy, if you ask me. It’s as if he knows something that I don’t.
I don’t like being left in the dark with information…
Spill your secrets, man!
But he wouldn’t…
So I drowned him with agave syrup:
(Wow, I just got all GodFather on this post, didn’t I?)…
To create pancake ghosts:
After you have laboriously created your pancakes,
it’s time to EAT!
Or take funny pictures of them…
Or you can be a total NERD like me and create an entire Halloween scene on your plate.
Sometimes I’m embarrassed that this kind of stuff makes me happy.
What happened to world peace?
Fighting global hunger?
Nope, pancakes in shape of whatever I want does it for me!
Halloween Pancake Batter Recipe
- 1 1/4 c. GF All-Purpose blend of your choice
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 c. hemp milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- food coloring
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Place batter in separate squeeze bottles. Depending on what shapes you want to make, add food coloring of choice to the bottle and stir with a knife.
- Making sure the pan is hot enough, start squeezing the batter into a shape of what you want to create. Go fast because A). It gets hot on your fingers; and B). You want to make sure it cooks/browns at the same time.
- Enjoy your Halloween-theme breakfast!