Six feet under.
Put that robe on, scoop out those eye boogers,
and grab your favorite cup of coffee
as I introduce this week’s theme:
Once I realized that breakfast meant more than
pouring a box of sugary cereal into a bowl or a McDonald’s drive-thru meal,
(((Hey, no one said I had good eating habits when I was younger…lay off!)))
breakfast became my favorite meal.
This week I pay homage to the best meal of the day
and attempt to Boo-tify some of myfavorite breakfast meals.
Let us break our fasts with these:
Coffin-shaped French Toast Sticks
It is almost ridiculous how easy they are to make!
The greatest part about being gluten-free
is that your french toast sticks don’t need to be soaked in any liquid before cooking.
Seriously though, don’t even try it.
It will ruin them.
Coffin French Toast Sticks Recipe
Makes 10 sticks
- 5 slices vegan, gluten free bread (I got my loaf from a local bakery)
- 2-3 Tbs Earth Balance
- Use a coffin cookie cutter OR do-it-yourself and cut out 2 coffins per slice.
- Sprinkle both sides of the coffin with cinnamon.
- Heat up a skillet and melt 1 Tb Earth Balance. Place 5 coffins in the the skillet and brown. Flip over, add more butter and brown.
- Repeat with the rest of the french toast. Add more butter if needed.
- Serve with whatever floats your boat…or coffin.
You will need to fuel up this week on breakfasts.
We have 21 more days until Halloween
so we are going to need all the energy we can get.