Owl be watching you…
Two days remain (counting today) until the completion of:
I’m really gonna miss these suckers when they’re gone.
They have really grown on me…
But fear not, my goulish gremlins.
Next week provides a whole new theme.
*cue canned applause*
I knew you would be pleased.
Now, before we mourn their absence, it’s time I introduced you to Thursday’s edition.
I give to you:
Chocolate-covered Strawberry Owls.
Okay, so maybe they are not THAT freaky.
Okay, okay, maybe not even just a little bit?
But boy are they sure fun to look at!
*And pssst, I heard eating one makes you smarter.*
The choco-covered strawberry owl, that is.
(((Possible old wives tale, though. Hasn’t been proven yet))).
HERE IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Put your strawberries in the freezer that will be used for the owl’s body. Keep chilled for a good 20 minutes at least.
- You will need an extra strawberry to thinly slice in half and cut out an isosceles triangle. (See? I paid attention in Geometry!) Use for the nose.
- Slice the almonds in half. You will need lots of extras for mess-ups. For the feet slice the bottom portions of the almonds.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave (about 1 minute 30 seconds total).
- Remove strawberries from freezer and immediately dip into chocolate until evenly covered.
- Place eyes, nose, wings and feet onto owl–press down to ensure that they are sticking and then place back into the freezer for another 25 minutes or until set.
Set these guys on a platter to be shared with everyone.
You just might find that your guests will be keeping an eye on everyone else,
making sure no one touches their strawberry owl…
They just might bring out the inner hunter in you…